Top 6 Christmas Gifts for Travelers
by Celece Seegmiller
It’s that time of year again and the countdown to Christmas is on. Like many, I find myself struggling to find the perfect gift for everyone. Chances are, some of the people on your gift list are travelers. If so, consider some of my favorite travel accessories and gifts:
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones. Hands down, this is one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received. It all happened a few years ago
after a trip back to Cleveland for the holidays. At the risk of offending anyone with small children, let’s just say there were some very loud passengers right behind me and it was a miserable flight for all of us. I think Rob was tired of me complaining about the noise, so I ended up with a pair of Bose Headphones under the tree for our return flight home. This has alleviated all of the noise problems since and I will not fly without them.
- iPad Mini. It fits perfectly in my
carry-on and contains my favorite books, games, movies, and music. It’s especially nice now that I have Wi-Fi access on some of my flights. I often wonder how I ever traveled without it.
- Brookstone BioSense® Neck Travel Pillow and blanket. It’s no secret that the airlines have cut back on the pillows and blankets. Therefore, I invested in my favorite pillow after testing several options throughout the years. This U-shaped design supports my head during my peaceful slumber (thanks to my headphones) and fits right inside my
carry-on. When I am lucky enough to receive a pillow from the airlines, I use it for lumbar support on my lower back.
- Travel Accessories. Packing Cubes have simplified the way I pack and they keep my suitcase and carry-on organized. I prefer Ebags® and I ordered a nice set with various sizes and a toiletry kit. Stocking stuffers can include luggage tags, a digital luggage scale, and a battery power pack to keep phones and cameras charged.
- Travel Book. It seems like everyone keeps their photos on their phones and computers now. However, I love to look at mine in print – especially in photo books. One of my favorite gifts to give are photo books of our vacations. There are many websites like Shutterfly or Snapfish with travel-themed layouts for various destinations or you can create your own and add personal descriptions. Simply upload your photos and insert. Within a week, you will receive a beautiful book to put under the tree.
- A Vacation. From a gift certificate to a surprise river cruise or trip to Hawaii, giving the gift of travel for the holiday season is very popular. Imagine the big smile on Christmas morning when your loved one opens a box to find travel documents to their dream destination. It is one gift that will never be forgotten or returned and creates memories that last a lifetime.
From a small accessory, to a personal photo book, or even a vacation, the travelers on your list will love a thoughtful gift to enhance their vacation experience.